Since 1993, The Fehlig Group consultants have been helping companies develop comprehensive corporate responsibility strategies. The Fehlig Group assists companies in the areas of strategic community involvement, environmental impact, workplace practices, and supply chain management. TFG consulting clients range in size from Fortune 500 companies to local small businesses and represent a broad range of industries.
The Fehlig Group approach combines deep knowledge of the corporate responsibility field with a commitment to understanding the unique situation of each business. While the field might be pushing for standardization and creating lists of “should’s,” TFG consultants emphasize customization to meet your distinct needs. The core of this approach is asking the question, “What are the most important relationships for your business? And how do you put your values into action to influence these relationships?”
Below you will find examples of service offerings, selected past and current clients, and sample project summaries.
The Fehlig Group consultants provides a full range of services for its clients.
Consulting services include:
Beginning with an understanding of the specific challenges and opportunities faced by your company, TFG will design recommendations for aligning your corporate responsibility activities with your business goals.
- Initial assessments
- Action plans
- Issue selection
- Stakeholder engagement
- Peer review
- Leveraging best practices
- Inventory existing responsible business practices
- Communications audit
TFG goes beyond advising, helping companies develop the products and practices to pursue responsibility goals. Firms rely on TFG consultants to develop fully customized strategies for implementing any facet of an initiative.
- Trainings, workshops, and seminars
- Award application consulting and preparation
- Industry and/or issue roundtables
- GHG inventory
- Corporate grant programs
- Tactics for responding to donation requests
- Community partnerships
- Special events
- Volunteer programs
- Corporate giving programs
- Curriculum development and delivery
- Strategic giving programs
- Team building activities
- Implementing migration to wind power
TFG consultants will help your company maximize opportunities to communicate with internal and external constituencies.
- Sustainability reporting
- GRI framework
- Media relations
- Positioning language
- Staff briefings
- Video design and production
With a focus on research, TFG consultants ensure that your team has all necessary information needed to make decisions about organizational responsibility.
- Environmental scans
- Focus groups
- Due diligence
- Market research
- Surveys and studies
- Site visits
- Stakeholder engagement
TFG will help your company assess progress along the way, examining both process and outcome.
- Mid-point evaluations
- Program evaluations
The Fehlig Group consultants work with large and small clients in diverse industries.
Past and current clients include:
A non-profit organization dedicated to helping companies in the greater Washington, D.C. area become great places to work.
A professional association for 150000 audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists.
A Tex-Mex restaurant with locations in MD, DC, and VA.
Global defense and security company with products and services to cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Unites caring donors in the workplace with trusted health charities who provide research, patient services and outreach programming in local communities.
A federal agency that engages more than five million Americans in service through Senior Corps, AmeriCorps, and Learn and Serve America, and leads President Obama’s national call to service initiative, United We Serve.
Manages workplace giving campaigns for its national environmental charities, just as the United Way raises funds for its health and human service charities.
A strategic communications agency providing research, multicultural outreach, public and media relations, advertising and branding, partnerships and coalitions, health and science writing, and social marketing.
Invested more than $1 billion in programs and grants to increase the supply of affordable homes nationwide and to improve the quality of life in Washington, D.C. between 1979 and 2007.
A full service catering and event planning business serving the Nation’s Capital for two and a half decades.
Connects individual, family and business volunteers with community service groups.
A premier lodging real estate company that owns lodging assets in urban, airport and resort/convention locations.
A leading provider of comprehensive employee assistance programs, work/life, health and wellness services.
A leading lodging company with more than 3,700 properties in 73 countries and territories worldwide.
A biopharmaceutical company, emphasizing research and development, manufacturing, and product commercialization.
Believes volunteers and service leaders have the power to change the world.
Provides event catering and design for weddings, corporate, social and major sporting events.
Operates 43 branches serving Maryland and Northern Virginia.
Improves public health worldwide by providing technical, research, and program management services to government and private sector clients.
A chocolate manufacturer in Kentlands, MD, bringing the unique flavors of Dominican Republic pure chocolates to the United States and the world.
Provides catering, event planning, and creative design for corporate and individual clients in New York City.
Provides natural gas service to customers in Washington, DC, and the surrounding region.
The Fehlig Group consultants have supported client success in a variety of engagements.
Sample projects include:
- Conducted 10-year analysis of a large corporation’s employee volunteer program, highlighting the impact of the program on the company, employees, and community. Analysis and recommendations publication was informed by interviews, focus groups, surveys, site visits, peer review, and evaluation of a variety of relevant documentation.
- Worked with internal communications team of a multinational defense industry company. Identified opportunities for external recognition of strong internal policies, including applications for employer of choice locally and nationally. Highlights were company recognition as a local corporate citizen and a consistent positive internal communication strategy.
- Helped a regional restaurant chain develop “local giving guides,” evaluating requests for donations, and identifying strategic giving opportunities.
- Created a strategic giving program for a full service event and catering company, which resulted in increased revenue in a newly identified market as well as direct benefit to recipient organizations.
- Facilitated new relationships between non-profit client organization and the corporate market. TFG engagement involved research with relevant corporations, to deepen understanding of what companies sought from the non-profit as partner. TFG consultants created marketing materials, sales training, and videos for rollout of new product offering for corporate market locally and nationally.
- Enabled association client to utilize a community service engagement as a team building activity. TFG conducted interviews to understand organizational development challenges and built a volunteer program to address team challenges in a targeted, discrete manner. After successful implementation of the project, TFG consultants debriefed with the team to identify lessons learned, and integrate these lessons in the workplace.